Saturday, 11 June 2011
Progress on esthers dress.
Okay, so i am making some progress with the first dress of 3 for my friend esther.
I already posted a link to the photos of the stays that i made, esthers were the yellow ones, but heres another picture of them now shown on top of the simple shift that i made. The stays seem to be crinkling slightly at he front but that is just because of the dummy its on, which obviously is much more rigid and doesnt lace into the stays the way a normal human body wuld. Plus, this mannequin is the same size as me and esther is a fair bit smaller than me so her dress isnt going to fit as well as mine usually do, obviously.
Okay, so ater he underwear i started making the actual bodice, starting with the en fourreau back.
Heres a few photographsof the current progress;
Pinning down the pleats to make up the en Fourreau back.
The back pleats after being sewn down, not sure how clear they are but i think you get the idea...
This shows the ribbon being sewn down around te gathered sleeves to look like...
This... I think it looks okay, the ribbon looks a bit puckered though, but i thnk when theres actually an arm in te sleeve it might straighten out...
Around the necckline there is also a double gathered trim with a thin ribbon of the same colour sewn down along the edges.
Just a closer shot showng the gathered trim and the ribbon.
And finally a photo of the dress with the underskirt on my mannequin, as i said before esther is smaller than me and my mannequin so it doesnt fit properly at the front, but heres a side view aanyway...
Okay, well thats the progress so far, i am pretty happy with it so far i think :)