Saturday 1 May 2010

Shoes!

So i have been looking for 18th century style shoes to wear with my costumes forEVER, but i think i have finally found something that could work :)
I found these on ebay;



for only £15, which isnt so bad. Now, okay the ribbon on the front looks a bit tacky and not right etc, and they are just wedding shoes so they arent historically correct or anything. But i think if i took the ribbon off, added a buckle or something and maybe dyed it...well I might be onto something...

3 comments :

  1. Actually, I think those shoes are quite nice! Ribbons aren't inaccurate at all either.

    Note the first shoe here (though granted they're not tied the same way) http://www.fugawee.com/womens_colonial.htm

    The way the tongue is is great too. I think this a great find and I'd snap them up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i really like the shape of the tongue and the heel, so i have snapped them up and they are on their way to me :)
    It wasnt so much that ribbons on shoes is inacurate i just wasnt sure about the bright white modern one thats on it currently. But if i find a nice ribbon then i might still have a ribbon on the front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!!! Do you still have the link to the e-bay seller, by chance?
    These shoes look wonderful and the price is very interesting!
    Thank you!
    Angelo

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin